I believe that connection is resistance
I believe that belonging is resistance
I believe that pleasure is resistance
I believe that wholeness is happening
My personal journey with my body and my sexuality has been from shame and self-denial to celebration and self-awareness. And my personal journey with communication has been from feeling like I had no real sense of my own voice (especially sexually!) to getting stronger, day by day, at knowing and authentically conveying to other people who I am and what I need. I have studied wholistic sexuality and communication for couples for over a decade now, and I am passionate about paying forward what I have learned.
To paraphrase the super wise Esther Perel: our culture is so weird about sex – on one hand, there so much excess promiscuity with no humanity in it and on the other hand, there’s a lot of residual puritanical shame. It’s hard to find the life, the wholeness, that transcends those two poles. I see my work as a coach as supporting people in finding that wholeness, whatever that means for each individual (sometimes it means that I act kind of like a personal trainer, sometimes I offer guided visualizations and/or somatic meditations, sometimes it means that I just provide a safe space for processing and exploring). If everyone felt comfortable bringing their full selves to who they are sexually and integrating their sexuality into the fullness of who they are, now *that* is a world I would like to see!
I am passionate this work, and about supporting you, because I know how much all of our our healing and wholeness is connected. I believe that the more safe and free you are, the more safe and free I am. I believe that shaping a world where everyone is more sexually safe and free is a key part of shaping a world where everyone is more safe and free, in general. And I believe that many of the systems the overculture is built on are rooted in power over others. Those systems keep a stronghold on their power, in part, by disconnecting us from our bodies, from our breath, from the earth, and from each other. Therefore, connecting and reconnecting to our bodies, to our breath, to the earth, and to each other is one powerful part of shaping a world where everyone is more safe and free, and I am dedicated to showing up to this work alongside you!
Most of all, I would love to:
- give you tools to hear yourself better in order to get more deeply in touch with your needs and desires
- work with you to empower you to be stronger and clearer about communicating those needs and desires to your partner(s)
- support you in bringing your full self to who you are sexually, and more deeply integrating your sexuality with the fullness of who you are
- look at your wider ecosystem of connection and support, so that you leave working with me abundantly equipped to continue this growth on your own and in community
Some of the other areas I can support you in are:
- navigating the terrain of opening your relationship and/or deciding whether an open relationship is right for you
- deepening your intimacy with and/or enlivening your desire for your long-term partner
- deepening your love for your body and expanding your capacity for pleasure, solo and/or partnered
- opening up to, exploring, navigating kink/BDSM/Tantra
I work with individuals and couples via Zoom (online video chat) conversations (plus writing prompts and suggested physical explorations between sessions). This is not a substitute for therapy, but it does pair well with it. I believe in deep long-term growth, not quick fixes.
If any of this sparks you, please be in touch to schedule a FREE TWENTY MINUTE CONSULTATION.
I will send some questions for you to think about before we talk, and then we can have a conversation in which we clarify your goals in working with me and figure out how I can best support you. I look forward to meeting you!
-Orion S. Johnstone (pronouns: they/them/theirs)
You can reach me at: email@example.com